FYP 01 - Surgeon Finals
Final Year Project
Semester 01
Semester 01
Self-Set Brief:
Concept 3 characters. Create 1 turnaround, 1 movement sheet and 1 illustration for each character.
Setting is a mix of Ottoman and Thai, with an alchemical flare.
The Surgeon - Final Images
This was a big breakthrough for me in terms of creating finished work and using photo textures to bring more detail and texture into my concepts.
I also learnt a lot about laying out turnaround sheets (though as you'll see in future projects I improve a lot).
The movement sheet went though multiple changes; at first I wanted to create something that looked pretty like in the Thief artbook. However I soon realised that this wouldn't be helpful to animators (given the style of game I was creating these characters for).
After looking into how 3rd person action gameplay is followed by the cameras, I discovered that:- In the normal view (running around, exploring), you see the character from the knees up or the full body.
- During combat, the camera tends to zoom out to see the whole body.
- Some weapons such as bows or anything that requires accuracy like a scope will have the camera zoom in to either shoulders up or a 1st person view. The screen may also angle.
From this, I decided that showing a full body side view of the characters' actions would benefit animators more as it gives a full overview of the movement/key poses which can be more easily translated into 3D.



Comments
Post a Comment